SHORTHAND COURSE IN RAWALPINDI ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN
Shorthand Course in Rawalpindi Islamabad Pakistan 0344-5596000
Shorthand is a kind of writing where words, phrases, or sounds are represented by symbols or abbreviations. Its purpose is to enable the rapid and efficient transcription of spoken language. Shorthand is often used in situations where quick note-taking or transcription is required, such as in courtrooms, business meetings, and lectures.
Shorthand systems vary in their complexity and the symbols used. Some common shorthand systems include:
- Pitman Shorthand: Developed by Sir Isaac Pitman in the 19th century, Pitman Shorthand uses a combination of straight lines, curves, and dots to represent sounds and words. It is based on phonetics and can be written at high speeds.
- Gregg Shorthand: Developed by John Robert Gregg, Gregg shorthand is a simplified and efficient system that uses a combination of curves, lines, and hooks to represent sounds. It is widely used in the United States.
- Teeline Shorthand: Created in the 1960s, Teeline Shorthand is a modern system that simplifies the process of shorthand writing. It uses a combination of basic geometric shapes and lines to represent sounds.
- Handywrite: Handywrite is a hybrid system that combines elements of shorthand and longhand writing. It uses a combination of symbols and modified letters to represent sounds.
- Speedwriting: Speedwriting is a shorthand system that uses abbreviations and phonetic representations of words. It is designed for rapid writing and is often used in note-taking and dictation.
Shorthand can be learned through dedicated courses or self-study. It requires practice and familiarity with the shorthand system being used. Although shorthand has become less common in modern times due to the availability of digital recording devices and advanced transcription tools, it can still be a valuable skill for individuals who need to transcribe information quickly and accurately.
Short Hand Course Outline:
- Introduction to Shorthand
- What is shorthand?
- History and significance of shorthand
- Benefits and applications of shorthand
- Shorthand Systems
- Overview of different shorthand systems (e.g., Pitman, Gregg, Teeline)
- Comparison of popular shorthand systems
- Choosing the right shorthand system for your needs
- Basic Shorthand Principles
- Phonetics and sound representation
- Consonant and vowel symbols
- Writing techniques for speed and accuracy
- Shorthand Alphabets
- Learning the shorthand alphabet
- Practicing letter combinations and stroke sequences
- Developing muscle memory for writing shorthand
- Common Word Abbreviations
- Memorizing commonly used word abbreviations
- Creating personal abbreviations for frequently used words
- Exercises to reinforce word abbreviation skills
- Phrase and Sentence Abbreviations
- Representing common phrases and sentence structures in shorthand
- Shortening techniques for frequently occurring words and expressions
- Practice exercises for writing phrases and sentences in shorthand
- Speed Building Techniques
- Strategies for increasing writing speed in shorthand
- Developing fluency and rhythm in shorthand writing
- Building accuracy while maintaining speed
- Specialized Shorthand Vocabulary
- Shorthand for specific professions or fields (e.g., legal, medical, business)
- Learning specialized terminology and symbols
- Applying shorthand skills to real-world scenarios
- Shorthand Transcription
- Transcribing shorthand notes into longhand or typed format
- Transcription exercises to enhance accuracy and efficiency
- Editing and proofreading shorthand transcriptions
- Practical Application and Practice
- Dictation exercises to improve shorthand speed and comprehension
- Taking shorthand notes during lectures, meetings, or interviews
- Applying shorthand skills to personal and professional settings
- Shorthand Resources and Tools
- Recommended shorthand textbooks, manuals, and online resources
- Shorthand software and digital tools
- Continuing education and further advancement in shorthand
Course Fee: 25000
Daily Class: 2 Hours
Course Duration: Two Months
Morning / Evening
Call For Registration: 0344-5596000 / 0333-9014677 / 0340-7255262